I thought maybe we could share some Holiday Recipes that we have tried that we feel are worth sharing with others. I found a great pie recipe for Thanksgiving that I would like to share with you all.
It's called: (Now this picture they used small marshmallows on top, I didn't). Everyone loved it and wants me to make it for Christmas too.
Pumpkin-Ginger Pie with Gingersnap Streusel
Prep Time 30 Minutes Start to Finish 4Hours and 30 Minutes 8 Servings
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Pillsbury® Pet-Ritz® Frozen Deep Dish Pie Crust
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (9 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place cookie sheet on oven rack. In large bowl, mix filling ingredients. Pour into pie crust.
- Bake on cookie sheet 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 15 minutes longer. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix streusel ingredients. Sprinkle streusel over filling.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 3 hours.
- If preparing recipe with Spice Pack (included with the Pet-Ritz® pie crust packages for a limited time during fall) omit pumpkin pie spice and salt.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):No change.
- If desired, top with whipped cream or whipped topping.
☮,♥,Blogging & Happy Eating